Promo in France

Any news & announcements about Sharon

Moderator: Melissa

Re: Promo in France

Postby Violinroses » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Gaelle, please stop complaining you! It's very tiresome!
You couldn't predict the futur! I'm pretty sure Sharon did her best but cannot have a better date, and you couldn't know how the promotion will be! So wait and see....but please stop this kind of speech as "It's bound to be a flop sadly", it's unfair for Sharon!.
We must be happy Sharon visited France, other countries are still waiting....
Violinroses

Postby GaelleF » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:13 pm

Oh come on. I'm just stating the obvious. And I'm entitled to my argumented opinion. Thanks.
I've been through enough decades witnessing Corrs releases, I know how that works. The timing is crap. Full stop. I'm not blaming Sharon for it, I'm blaming Warner. I can't see why they couldn't release it in September / OCtober like the rest of the world.

Hoping Sharon promotes in France more than the Corrs ever did, but with the poor sales I think she'll get, I can't see why she would. If it's a success, it'll be only because of MASSIVE promotion ahead, during and after the release.
Sharon has loads of territories to cover by herself and it's a hard job. I'd be really happy if she - at least - got highly successful in UK/Ireland and other Corrs' mad places like Japan and Spain, and then moving to other countries (with a second album?). Moreover, I would understand if she'd concentrate on those places rather than France.
I'm happy that she's coming to France, but she needs to hit the major shows and do massive promo. In France, there are less and less shows and media to get a lot of exposure, very hard country to get if you're not huge prior in the US (and in the UK to a lesser extent).
GaelleF

Postby Violinroses » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:22 am

The TV show will be broadcasted on January 8th:

indeed
Violinroses

Postby Violinroses » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:48 am

first french interview of Sharon: http://musique.sfr.fr/article/sharon-co ... se-118535/

Sorry I don't have the time for translate it this morning, but soon :)

And we, french fans, will catch the TV Show tonight, a video will be available :D
Violinroses

Postby OCTAVIO » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:04 pm

good!!! hope it's the beginning for more promo in France.. i think there were more interviews and TV shows she had recorded in the last months... :D
Violinroses wrote:first french interview of Sharon: http://musique.sfr.fr/article/sharon-co ... se-118535/

Sorry I don't have the time for translate it this morning, but soon :)

And we, french fans, will catch the TV Show tonight, a video will be available :D

i trasnlated it with the google translator, it seems most of it makes sense :mrgreen:

While the Corrs are on extended leave (parental and, for the most part) since 2005, Sharon Corr is back. After her sister Andrea in 2007, it was the turn of the Irish violinist siblings to venture into solo with Dream of You. This first solo album at the crossroads of pop and traditional influences that have coexisted successfully in the Corrs, is rich classical elements and - more surprisingly - country, completed a few times with good taste (the first single, eveybody's Got To Learn Sometime, by The Korgis). Meeting with an artist who seems to have taken a liking to the emancipation ...

What does it feel to get back to business?
It's great. I really missed it. You can not really say I'm completely out of business because it has been necessary to write and record this album during the two years preceding its release, but it seems more real now that it's public. I have a new album, and I return to public life to defend him in interviews or on stage. I love it!

What was the trigger for this return?
In 2005, the Corrs took a well deserved rest, since we had never really stopped until then. But I decided it was very important not to stop writing. If you stop, you lose all your words and techniques that you acquire over the years, and I did not like it, I wanted to continue to evolve. For strength to continue writing, I found myself with these songs and I decided to make an album. It happened very naturally because I felt the desire or even need. I had a very creative period in recent years.

Does having a break allowed you to rejuvenate yourself artistically?
Not really, no. What really back motivation is to find myself all alone, having my own instincts to follow, without compromise. Of course, when we were all together in the Corrs, everything was a story of compromise and it worked very well when we did our album, but being alone gave me a whole new dynamic. I guess it's having worked in groups - and even family - all these years, which makes me appreciate real solitude. (Laughs)

What exactly are the differences between group work and solo work?
Already, you have to work much more. (Laughs the differences between group work and solo work?) Then when you're alone, you gotta make all the decisions while in the Corrs, we had the "shared responsibility" of every album, every concert, every tour, everything in fact ... It was much more individually it easy and we relieved a lot of pressure. Today, the responsibility falls to me entirely: it's a beautiful thing, a new challenge for me, and it's also a little more fear ...

In this album, of course there are original compositions, but also occasions and traditional tunes ... How did you get this mix?
I wanted to make an album that looks like me. I am known for being the foremost violinist of Corrs. I sing too, but that people know less. My violin is very present on this disc, particularly the traditional pieces, but I also spent the last few years working on my vocal technique, because there is a difference between being a lead singer and provide backing vocals. And then there are those songs that seem to have been there my whole life, like Everybody's Got to Learn Sometime, I have played several times with Zucchero. In 2009, I was scheduled at the Glastonbury Festival. Since I do not want to do a concert consisting entirely of new songs, I tried a few times that the public has known more pieces which cling. I played songs from the Corrs I had written as So Young and Radio and my guitar player who had the idea of Everybody's Got to Learn Sometime. I sang and I loved it. She has finally found its natural place on the album ...

You wrote some of the most popular singles of Corrs, you can write songs, why did you choose this recovery just as the first single? Hast thou not the pride of the author who prefers to leave an original?
I love this song, period! (Laughs) I'm not calculator, I do not say "if I do that, then it will happen again" ... And for me it's not really a debut single since I came out It's Not A Dream when I was still independent. It's just not out here. And then I consider that a good song must be heard. The last time she passed regularly on the radio was in 1980, I think it's a good thing that new generations can hear again. As for pride, you know, I already had 1 hit songs, so I do not think have anything to prove. I'm in a perspective of musical journey today ...

This album is it for you a return, a continuation, a recreation or a new beginning?
Hmm, good question. This is definitely not a return, because I come back with something different. I think it's more a new beginning, because I think life is fulfilled. It's important for me to impose myself as a solo artist because I want to be able to work independently of Corrs. I love the Corrs and I think we'll eventually do another album together, but I also need to trace my own path. It's what is more a new beginning for me.

How does one goes onstage violinist / vocalist for singer?
It's so different! You're much more exposed and more vulnerable. It's something I always admired Andrea (Corr, her sister and singer of Corrs, ed.) Of course we were a band and we gave him all the support needed on stage, but with an audience the singer always attracts more attention than other members. The expectations are greater. So I had to learn to play that role, even if not quite the first time before the Corrs, I was a singer in a band with Jim (Corr, his brother, ed.)

France has always been a country very friendly to the Corrs, what do you expect from us for this first solo album?
We always had a special relationship with France. Only our name, Corr, comes from Normandy. It must date back a very long time, but what is certain is that there are no roots in the Irish name. (Laughs) I've always been fascinated by your country, every time I come it's a real assault on the senses. As for this album, I spent four wonderful years to do, I just want you to like him for who he is ...
I haven's slept at all in days...
It's been so long since we've talked
OCTAVIO

Postby Violinroses » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:59 am

Thanks Octavio that's perfect :D

The video is available now. This is the example

You can upload too the video in perfect quality from the french fan website Runaway With the Corrs:
http://runawaycorrs.perso.sfr.fr/egtls.ts
Violinroses

Postby Magnificent Fan » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Thanks! I'll watch it in a bit. :D

-- Marie :)
When you want to give up and your heart's about to break
Remember that you're perfect; God makes no mistakes
Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life; you've made it this far
-- Welcome To Wherever You Are - Bon Jovi
Magnificent Fan

Postby dave » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Thanks for the translation and video. Its interesting that she says the name Corr originated from Normandy - many Irish names do. Another one that comes to mind is de Burgh and there are many more.

The two major groups of immigrants into Ireland, before the English and Scots, were the Vikings and the Normans. Irish families with Celtic origins going back to pre-Christian times make up only part of the present multi-cultural society. My own family (O'Byrne) is first mentioned in Co.Wicklow in 1200, but my mother's side (Robinson/Morrow) comes from Scottish settlers in Ireland around 1600.
dave

Postby nightcat » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:02 am

Thanks to
Octavio: for the translation
Violinroses: for the video,tho I did notice the audio wasn't exactly in sync.
Dave: for the trivia ;)
Would you look in my eyes,
Hold me close one more time?
and our dreams,
they will live forever.
Forever, forever.
-Never The Strangers-Davenport
http://twitter.com/nightcat2609
nightcat

Postby Violinroses » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:42 pm

nightcat wrote:Violinroses: for the video,tho I did notice the audio wasn't exactly in sync.

Yes indeed this video is defective, it was just a first catching, but the one available at the very top of this page: http://runawaycorrs.perso.sfr.fr/ is in DVD quality. If you have some troubles to upload it I can share it on facebook ;)
Violinroses

PreviousNext

Return to News