What was the last concert you went to?

The music we love that isn't Sharon or The Corrs

Moderators: Violinroses, Magnificent Fan

Re: What was the last concert you went to?

Postby Magnificent Fan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Corrette wrote:Been busy - went to see Katy Perry & Josh Groban last week!! I have a varied music taste!

Katy was fun & Josh was amazing, even got to meet him afterwards :mrgreen:

Oh, you're so lucky! I like Katy, but love Josh!

I saw The Script at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC a couple of weeks ago. They were great, but I was a bit disappointed. After seeing them put on a fantastic show in Central Park over the summer, they only played 13 songs this time. It was a 75 minute concert. :( They definitely played more songs and for a longer period of time over the summer.

-- Marie :)
When you want to give up and your heart's about to break
Remember that you're perfect; God makes no mistakes
Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life; you've made it this far
-- Welcome To Wherever You Are - Bon Jovi
Magnificent Fan

Postby Corrette » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Magnificent Fan wrote:
Corrette wrote:Been busy - went to see Katy Perry & Josh Groban last week!! I have a varied music taste!

Katy was fun & Josh was amazing, even got to meet him afterwards :mrgreen:

Oh, you're so lucky! I like Katy, but love Josh!

I saw The Script at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC a couple of weeks ago. They were great, but I was a bit disappointed. After seeing them put on a fantastic show in Central Park over the summer, they only played 13 songs this time. It was a 75 minute concert. :( They definitely played more songs and for a longer period of time over the summer.

Ah that's a shame. Think they only did about that length when we saw them last year but it was good.

We had the very back row at the top for Josh as it sold out so quickly but definitely worth it, loved him from the beginning but first time got to see him live :)
Corrette

Postby Corrette » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:01 pm

Saw Britney Spears last night. I wasn't overly impressed, mainly because I don't know her new stuff & it all sounds the same with not much singing! Was still quite a good production though.
Corrette

Postby Corrette » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:49 pm

Saw Evanescence last night - they were really good! Don't know if it was the venue or the band but they were really strict about photos & wouldn't even let you take with standard cameras, which you can at every other concert. Got annoying with security going in front of you all the time to get to people to tell them off (we were at front on balcony so had to walk in front of us all the time) which detracted from the show!!
Corrette

Postby Corranga » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:42 pm

Corrette wrote:Saw Evanescence last night - they were really good! Don't know if it was the venue or the band but they were really strict about photos & wouldn't even let you take with standard cameras, which you can at every other concert. Got annoying with security going in front of you all the time to get to people to tell them off (we were at front on balcony so had to walk in front of us all the time) which detracted from the show!!

*jealous* With the Pretty Reckless too?

I really wanted to go, but not as much as tickets on eBay were going for for the Glasgow gig.
Was the Glasgow before or after Leeds? I heard that the band themselves banned the cameras after too many flashes going off or something. Sounds a bit rubbish :/

Gig wise, prior to the 4 Sharon gigs I've just done, my lasrt was Lacuna Coil, in my own town of Dundee and it was increadible! Tiny little venue, even smaller than those 400 something crowd venues Sharon has been playing, and they were so amazing.

I have the Pigeon Detectives on Saturday, and really can't be bothered. Not really into them, and feeling under the weather right now :(

Chris
Corranga

Postby Corrette » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Corranga wrote:
Corrette wrote:Saw Evanescence last night - they were really good! Don't know if it was the venue or the band but they were really strict about photos & wouldn't even let you take with standard cameras, which you can at every other concert. Got annoying with security going in front of you all the time to get to people to tell them off (we were at front on balcony so had to walk in front of us all the time) which detracted from the show!!

*jealous* With the Pretty Reckless too?

I really wanted to go, but not as much as tickets on eBay were going for for the Glasgow gig.
Was the Glasgow before or after Leeds? I heard that the band themselves banned the cameras after too many flashes going off or something. Sounds a bit rubbish :/

Gig wise, prior to the 4 Sharon gigs I've just done, my lasrt was Lacuna Coil, in my own town of Dundee and it was increadible! Tiny little venue, even smaller than those 400 something crowd venues Sharon has been playing, and they were so amazing.

I have the Pigeon Detectives on Saturday, and really can't be bothered. Not really into them, and feeling under the weather right now :(

Chris

Yeah Pretty Reckless supported too, didn't know their stuff. I'd managed to get tickets as soon as on sale otherwise I wouldn't have gone, the prices were ridiculous on eBay etc. I can't remember if Glasgow was before or not but apparently there was no problem at Birmingham. I could understand no flash photography but couldn't even take photos without! Strange!

Jealous you got to see Sharon!! :(
Corrette

Postby Magnificent Fan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Two weeks ago, I saw Celtic Woman at Radio City in NYC. Great show! :D

Magnificent Fan

Postby Magnificent Fan » Wed May 16, 2012 10:39 am

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band! :mrgreen:

Magnificent Fan

Postby corrsfanindia » Wed May 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Magnificent Fan wrote:Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band! :mrgreen:

Wow!!! How was it??? :D
corrsfanindia

Postby Magnificent Fan » Thu May 17, 2012 1:08 am

corrsfanindia wrote:
Magnificent Fan wrote:Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band! :mrgreen:

Wow!!! How was it??? :D

Amazing! :D